In most cases, the identity verification process takes a few minutes.
During busy periods with a high volume of transactions, approving the verification documents might take longer than expected. Once your document and selfie have been reviewed, you will receive an email notification from us with the outcome of your verification.
An identity verification can also be rejected when we cannot verify your identity with the document and selfie you've provided. Here's a few reasons which can lead to a rejection:
Something's wrong with your document
- The document you uploaded is not supported (we support passports, driver licenses and national IDs)
- The document is from a country which we do not operate in
- The photo of the document is unreadable (too blurry, too dark etc.)
- The document is missing vital information (date of birth, issue date etc.)
- The document is expired, damaged or parts of it are covered
- The document shows that you are under 18 years of age
- There are shadows or reflections on the ID document causing that some of the content is not visible
Something's wrong with your selfie
- The selfie photo is not clear (too blurry, too dark, too light, not enough contrast etc.)
- There's a mismatch between the selfie and the photo on the ID
- There are several faces in the selfie photo
- Your face is covered by accessories
- You are not looking straight into the camera
Something's wrong with the process
- Try switching to another device and/or operating system
- Copy URL from the identity verification's window and paste it in another browser
- Please make sure that your camera is not used by another application in the background
When you're conducting identity verification (KYC) in relation to your first card trade, Coinify reserves funds on your card and locks the exchange rate for 15 minutes*. If your documents and identity are not verified within that timeframe, you will receive a new quote for your trade and you can try verifying again. Failing to complete the identity verification will result in your trade being cancelled and your funds will be automatically returned back to your account.
In most of the above cases you will be told what's wrong with your verification on our platform. To avoid another rejection, please follow the instructions you're given in the rejection message.