An identity verification is rejected when we cannot verify your identity with the document and selfie you've provided. Here's a few reasons which can lead to a rejection:
Something's wrong with your document
- The document you uploaded is not supported (we support passports, driver licenses and national IDs)
- The document is from a country which we do not operate in
- The photo of the document is unreadable (too blurry, too dark etc.)
- The document is missing vital information (date of birth, issue date etc.)
- The document is expired, damaged or parts of it are covered
- The document shows that you are under 18 years of age
Something's wrong with your selfie
- The selfie photo is not clear (too blurry, too dark etc.)
- There's a mismatch between the selfie and the photo on the ID
- There are several faces in the selfie photo
- Your face is covered by accessories
In most of the above cases you will be told what's wrong with your verification on our platform. To avoid another rejection, please follow the instructions you're given in the rejection message.
If you need help completing the identity verification process, feel free to read our guide.