Financial service regulations require that all customers verify their identity before trading with Coinify.
Some of our partners conduct their own identity verification process which is approved by Coinify. In such a case, you will not be asked to verify your identity again with us.
Our identity verification process
As a new user, verifying your identity is part of your first trade. Failing to complete the identity verification will result in your trade not being completed.
How to complete our identity verification:
1. Provide your current residency address.
2. Complete the Intended Use section and confirm if you are a PEP.
3. Select the type of document you will use to verify your identity. Acceptable documents depend on the issuing country.
- The document you provide should be valid for at least 3 months from the date you are verifying your identity.
4. Take a clear photo of your document and make sure all details are visible. Blurred photos or photos with poor lighting will be rejected. You can also switch to using your mobile for this process, if you find it’s more convenient.
5. Take a clear selfie by following the directions on the screen.
6. After these steps are completed, your identity verification will be processed within approximately 2 minutes. If your document and selfie meet our requirements your verification will be accepted. Otherwise, if we require more information from you, we will contact you by email.