1. What is Order ID?
Each order you make to buy/sell bitcoin has an Order ID number that acts as a unique identifier for that Order in our system. Note that this number identifies your orders and not you as a customer, so for each transaction you will get a new one.
It is very important that you keep track of your Order ID numbers in case you need to submit a support request or have questions about your order. Without presenting your Order ID, our support specialists will not be able to help you.
You also need to include it as ‘message to the receiver’ in the bank transfer you send in relation to bank orders for buying Bitcoin, as it is the only way we have to link an incoming transfer to an order.
2. Where to Find it?
If you made an order from a Coinify Trade Account, you can find your Order ID under the Trade History menu. This is an example of how it looks like: 1234567
To find your Trade History:
1. Log in to Coinify Trade on Coinify.com.
2. Choose 'History' from the main menu on the top right corner.
3. Look up your Order on the list.
4. Click on the order and on the next page you will see your Order ID in the first line.
If, on the contrary, you made an order from a Blockchain wallet, you can find your Order ID under Order History. This is an example of how it looks like: CY123456
To find your Order History:
1. Log in to your Blockchain Wallet.
2. Click on 'Buy & Sell' on the left main menu.
3. Choose 'Order History' from the horizontal menu placed over the box where you enter the amount you wish to buy/sell for.
4. Find your transaction and click on 'View Details' to see it.
Alternatively, check your email inbox for an email sent from Coinify after you have created your order. When an order is created we always send an email with the order ID as a subject. In this way you should always be able to find it.