Blockchain offers a wallet service for storing Bitcoins and Ether which can be used from the browser of your computer. This means that you can access your wallet from a Windows or Mac computer, or any other device or operating system capable of using an internet browser. To open a web wallet on Blockchain follow these simple steps:
- Go to Blockchain website and click on 'Create Your Wallet'
- Enter the e-mail address under which you want to register your wallet and select a strong password. After doing this, you will be taken to your wallet. However, you will need to verify your email address first.
- You will receive an email with a verification link and your wallet ID. This ID is important as you will use it to log in to your wallet. Please keep it on hand!
- Click the link and log in to your wallet.
- Once you log in your wallet, go to the Security Center and get your Backup Phrase there. It contains all of the private keys within your wallet. Please write these 12 words down and keep them somewhere safe offline. This phrase is very important and can be used to recover access to your account if needed.
Please Note: To log in to your wallet you will use the wallet ID and password.
You can pair your browser wallet with a smartphone wallet. Please read this article to find out how.